“The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.”
—1 Thessalonians 5:24
We are being formed every day—by the people we interact with, by the media we consume, by the neighborhoods in which we live, and the list goes on. Living Christianly means being formed by Christ so that we can act justly and love mercy. We pursue God and seek to be renewed by His Spirit.
At UCA, we seek to be formed by knowledge of the Bible and relationships with God and our neighbor. To this end, we:
- Emphasize formation over information as we study the Bible
- Rethink disciplinary procedures so they’re restorative rather than only punitive
- Build authentic community
- We worship together in all our activities
- Strive to develop a Biblical lens for living in this world
The entire trajectory of spiritual formation is fully loving God and our neighbor.